Blackfalds Public Library is governed by appointed trustees from the town of Blackfalds. Library board meetings are open to the public. Our current board chair is Glyn Evans and our library manager is Carley Binder.
Blackfalds Public Library has a Board of Trustees, which under the Libraries Act of Alberta is an autonomous legal entity responsible for the following:
- Establishing the purpose of the library through the development of framework, governance and operational policies, and goals and objectives
- Setting and monitoring the rate at which the library fulfills its purpose
- Setting policy and keeping records which will provide continuity through changes in board memberships, staff and conditions.
- Creating an identity for and awareness of the library in the community.
In accordance with the Libraries Act (Alberta), Trustees for the Blackfalds Public Library Board are appointed by the Council of the Town of Blackfalds for a three year term. Trustees may also be re-appointed in accordance with the Libraries Act. If you are interested in serving as a Trustee, contact us to obtain more information.
Meetings and Minutes
Board Meetings are open to the public and are held in the Library at 6:30 PM on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Glyn Evans (chair)
- Laura Svab
- Edna Coulter
- Vince Wolfe
- Ray Olfert
- Richard Poole
- Glenda Brown
- Caitlin Ranger
- Starr Sinclair
If you wish to contact the Blackfalds Public Library Board they may be reached at:
Mailing Address: 5302 Broadway Avenue
Blackfalds AB T0M 0J0
- last updated: February 2, 2022